If you want to customize you sharepoint site so as to get better Look and Feel, Adding Image slider on the Home page site will be a good option. In this Post I will explain you how to create an Image Slider to share point site to make you site better in look and feel.
1. First Create a picture library web part and Add the Required Images.
For Doing so, Go to Gear Icon > Site Contents > Add App
2. Click Picture Library, and create a Picture Library.
3. Now, Upload Some Images to the Picture Library, You can do so just by drag and drop all the images or can Upload one by one. The picture must be equivalent in terms of width and height so as to get proper look and feel. If more variation occurs in size, then may be slider doesn't works.
4. We have created slideshow, Now, Add the web part on the page where you want to display the slide show.
For Adding, go to the page > Edit Page > Insert Tab > Web Part
5. From the List of Web Parts, Select Media and Content > Picture Library Slideshow Web Part and Click Add Button.
6. You can Configure the slide show, Click on small drop-down in upper right hand corner of web part, and select Edit Web Part.
Here You can set various features such as Time Duration to show each Picture, can choose Picture Library, Picture Display alignment, etc.