Edukot is free and open to everyone, but you must be registered in Edukot to get extra privileges like Asking questing,Answering, voting, posting, commenting and many more......
Share What You Know With Others. Help Others, Get Helped !
In Sharepoint, The Context menu in on a List Item called EditControlBlock (Ecb), By which we can create a Custom Action to an item, whether to add, update, delete or whatever we want. Custom menu is displayed with a dropdown menu with a bunch of option, when you hover or click to the right of the field in sharepoint list. You can create your own menu item to this list and can also provide custom code for some action on the list item. Here is the Procedure to create Context Menu :
1. Go to the specific sharepoint list on which you want to add the context menu.
2. Go to List Settings -> Advance settings
3. Select Yes option on “Allow management of content types” radio button.
4. Click on newly created Item content type
5. Copy the cype value from browser address bar (From browser URL).
6. Now, Open Visual Studio, Create a blank sharepoint project.
7. Add an Empty element.
8. Modify Elements.xml.
9. Add the Following Code to it.
10. Paste the ctype value to RegistrationId, and Write “ContentType” in RegistrationType.
12. Now, Rebuild and Deploy the Project, You will see a new context menu…
manisha | April 25, 2017
Thanks a Lot for this usefull information.
Edukot is free and open to everyone, but you must be registered in Edukot to get extra privileges like Asking questing, voting, posting, commenting and many more......