In Sharepoint List and Libraries, Context menu or ECB(edit,control or block) are provided just because to perform some action on particular list item. By default ECB menu contains few options such as "View Item","Workflows","Delete Item" etc.
There are various ways by which we can add our own custom actions menu to provide extra functionality to our sharepoint site. The various ways are:
- Custom ECB menu can be added by the help of SharePoint Designer, In sharepoint Designer open the List and add Custom actions.
- We can Add Custom ECB menu by the help of Visual Studio by creating Elements.xml file and writing our functionalities to that file.
1. Open sharepoint Designer, and open your site.
2. Open the List or Libraries in which you want to create the custom action.
3. Click on New to create a custom action.
You have two options here,
- Navigate to form :- If you want to display particular list items in display or edit mode.
An Example of URL can be:
After Doing this, Just Refresh your sharepoint site page and check for custom menu,